Tuesday, 18 February 2014

Fresh as a Daisy

With London Fashion Week having just showcased the Autumn Winter trends for 2014 at Somerset House, I decided it was about time to get another blog post up. There's so much I could write about, I've decided to concentrate my efforts on one of the key trends popping up - florals. The trend as always blossoms every year in various forms and this year included floral appliqués and embroidery, romantic blooms, mixed floral and leopard prints and written elements. My favourites were from Alice Temperley and Christopher Kane. 










Seeing the new trends is getting me excited for Spring fashion, which also showcases some bloomin' marvellous florals. With pending hospital stays on the cards I decided to indulge recently and treat myself to new daisy and vintage blooms in a few guises. I've been searching for some travel bags, 
which after much research and deliberation, I ordered from New Look. The first one is on wheels, making it ideal for mobility and it's plenty roomy for a few nights stay, depending of course on how many clothes you pack I suppose! Then there's the slightly smaller 'Cabin Bag' - perfect for flights or toiletries as I plan to use it for. I love the daisy design and the prices at £24.99 and £14.99 are very reasonable too.


I also purchased this F&F jumper from Tesco with daisy motif last week - I love the length so I can wear it with leggings and I also like the navy background. I'm seeing this colour pop up more and more recently - one to watch and buy in 2014.



Over to the more softly spoken vintage blooms, I was fancying a new dressing gown and PJ's to make my hospital stays slightly more relaxing. I chose both from a company called Charlotte and Co, which are beautifully made from a lovely brushed cotton, a perfect lightweight fabric for this time of year. My cousin even did my nails to match using gel polish. Well a girl can't look too glam! 






No comments:

Post a Comment